About Wadsworth Oil Company
Founded in the late 1920's
Wadsworth Oil Company was founded in Tuskegee, Alabama, by William (Tamp) T. Wadsworth in the late 1920’s as a PAN-AM wholesaler. Jim, Tamp’s son, joined the family business in 1972 after graduating from Auburn University with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. In 1977, the company purchased a small Amoco distributor in Clanton which became Wadsworth Oil Company of Clanton, Inc., and is the company headquarters.
We have ten “The Store” convenience stores operating in central Alabama. One of which is a LEED certified low energy convenience store in McCalla, Alabama. Our fuel brands include Shell and 76 with daily fresh food offerings of Broasted Chicken, Krispy Krunchy Chicken and Hunt Brothers Pizza.
Our company believes success depends on four primary concepts: great locations, clean store facilities, friendly, courteous team members and giving back to our communities.